Chefs & Foodservice
Masterclass "Food tourism for chefs and foodservice professionals."
Foodservice experiences are arguably the single most part of a holiday/vacation for food-loving travelers. New places, new dishes, new cooking techniques, new ingredients - we food lovers love to make these discoveries while traveling. But we make these discoveries not just in restaurants, but in cafes, food trucks/carts, takeaways, hawker centers, food events, bakeries, ice cream stores, candy stores, winery/brewery tasting rooms and elsewhere. And sometimes we visit an experience (e.g. a winery or brewery) only to discover that food is also served there.
Every meal served is a chance to make a memory for a food-loving traveler. Understanding how food-lovers experience food when traveling will help you as a chef or foodservice professional, to understand better how to please your customers - not just visitors, but locals too.
- Understand the role of foodservice professionals in food tourism
- Understand how food-loving consumers are evolving
- Learn how and why dining is evolving
- Learn what menu messaging is and how it can help you to sell more
- Learn how to create sellable foodservice products for visitors
- Understand how to accommodate special diets, cultural differences & new trends from travelers
- Hope to cope as a foodservice professional in a post-pandemic world
- While there are no specific prerequisites to be able to take this Masterclass, you will need a good working knowledge of English. That said, the training videos have closed captions (in English) so you can read along. Also, you can slow down the speech if you find it going too fast for you.
- 2 total training videos (total video time 90 minutes)
- 2 knowledge quizzes (one after each video)
- English language video recordings with closed caption English-language subtitles
- Bonus section with two additional foodservice-related videos
- Video controls. English language closed captions. Slow down the playback speed if you prefer. Expand video to full screen if you prefer.
- Online support. Access support quickly through your admin panel.
- Total learning time for a native English speaker is about 2.5 hours (add a little more based on your level of comfort with English)
- Once enrolled, you’ll have 30 calendar days to complete the Masterclass
What You Get After Graduating
- Unlike with our Certification programs, this is a Masterclass, meaning no diploma or badge is offered after you complete the training.
- You still receive 3.0 credits (on file with us) which you can apply to any future training (for example, as an elective in future, more complex training programs)
Your Overall Masterclass Benefits
- Differentiate yourself from your competition
- Get the recognition you deserve
- Understand better your target market
- Likelihood to make more sales
- Get inspiration to innovate
Here is the course outline:
1. Getting Started
Here is what you can expect during this Masterclass.
2. Module 1 & Test
Training videos and test for Module 1.
3. Module 2 & Test
Training video and test for module 2.
4. Bonus Resources & Downloads
Additional bonus resources to round out your learning experience.
5. Program Review
Let us know how we did.