How are we GDPR compliant?
We published our GDPR compliance policy on May 22, 2018, with an effective date of May 25, 2018. Notice of our policy update was sent to all registered users of the World Food Travel Association Service. You can request a copy by email.
What is written here does not substitute for our official policy. This brief summary will help you understand the major points:
- As of this writing, the physical location of the servers that hold your master data and data record is in the United States. That said, your data could reside on mirror servers anywhere in the world. There is simply no reliable way to definitely state that your data resides in one specific location.
- We take every precaution to ensure that your data is safeguarded to the best of our ability and the ability of the software vendors we use that may process your data. Your data may be used by other specific software services such as email marketing, payment processing, drip marketing, chat, customer service, and so on. In such instances only, your data lives on the server of the service we are using, which could be located anywhere on Earth. Most companies use server mirrors to copy your data between their servers so that it can be delivered more quickly, no matter where in the world it is being accessed. If you request it, we will do our best to remove your data in all areas you request.
- Some of your data, such as if you make a financial transaction, cannot be removed from our systems even if you request it, because it is required by law for accounting and audit purposes. That said, we never have access to your credit/debit card information, before, during, or after you make any financial transaction with us.
- Your data is for our own internal use only. We will never, ever furnish your contact information to any other party other than a software provider (rendering a service such as email marketing), without your direct, written consent, with the exception of payment providers for the sole purpose of managing your subscription, and with the exception of situations where you use a social media account to log in to our service, or unless required by law.
- We are more than happy to share with you what data we have about you. Please send your request by opening a support ticket. Note that we will need to validate your identity to our satisfaction to ensure you are authorized to receive this data.
- We are more than happy to remove your individual and/or company records from our system. To do so, please send your request by opening a support ticket. Note that we will first need to validate your identity to our satisfaction to ensure you are authorized to act on this data.
- You can easily unsubscribe from our mailings at any time. Every email we send has an Unsubscribe link at the bottom or you can contact us for personal assistance.
If you have any other specific questions not addressed in the official policy, you are welcome to Contact Us. We promise to respond to you within 24 business hours of the time we received your request.
Still, need help? Contact Us.
Last updated on August 2, 2022